View Single Post
Old 01-16-04, 02:41 PM   #5
Revan

Send a message via ICQ to Revan Send a message via AIM to Revan

oh, allright.. i'll try

First, my samba server doesn't work (I've edited smb.conf so that it should work coz it did with Mandrake..)
I'll show you the smb.conf after i switch to Linux

Second, My samba client works.. but only if i start up lisa (manually) and use kde's konqueror to browse the network.. But since i like to use gnome more than kde it gets a bit bothersome.. i wanna use nautilus

Third, I don't know how to change the inetd thing so that it automatically starts up lisa, or if i would like to remove something.. i'm not able to.
This is a good example of why i need to have contact with someone over instant messaging; There's lots of smaller stuff i don't know that i'd just like to quickly ask someone and get an answer within a few minutes instead of waiting around forums, getting flames for not knowing somebody that knows something like this...

Fourth, I'm having trouble using wine to emulate some stuff that i use to emulate without problems.. it works, but only as root..

Fifth, If i start up a console and go 'su' then start up something that X should handle, it wont let me.

Sixth, I don't know how to start gnome or kde on any other X server than the default one...

Seventh, Eighth, Nineth... Ahundredandeleventh, Ahundredandtwelveth..
I've got more questions.. lots more, however i can't think of them right now since they seem to float away as i don't get any answer to them in forums (*big fat hint*)