View Single Post
Old 01-22-04, 12:46 PM   #1
baldy

Default Nvidia nforce drivers - unresolved symbols?

I have downloaded and installed the nvidia nforce drivers for sus8.1
I have an nforce2 mobo.

the nvnet driver works a treat. The usb driver appears to work. The audio driver fails. When I do an insmod nvaudio the following happens -

linux:/home/everyone # insmod nvaudio
Using /lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_probe_codec
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_dsp
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_dsp
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_mixer
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_mixer
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_dac_rate
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_adc_rate
linux:/home/everyone #

Now I looked at the docs and they said "your running kernel does not match your kernel sources". So I compiled a new kernel with the sources that came with the distro, just to make sure and the problem is exactly the same. I have also tried an older version of the same drivers with exactly the same results.

Can anyone suggest where I go from here?

Cheers

Pete
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote