My crashes have been getting more frequent. My last crash was such that it set the graphics card in a state where my system wouldn't post.
So, I started unplugging monitors, and discovered that the left monitor's plug (the one with the flickering) will actually spark when it touchs the PC case. I discovered this by accidently holding the plug and touching the grounded case and getting quite a shock. Is this normal? Should the monitor plug be carrying enough voltage to throw a spark? Maybe that's been screwing with my card? Well, I've unplugged that monitor so I'll find out I guess.
I just discovered the fan on my north bridge wasn't running! Perhaps this is my problem?[/edit]
In my log files now:
Badness in pci_find_subsys at drivers/pci/search.c:132