Originally posted by perfectom
[root@rawhide NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123]# make install
nv.c:2831: warning: implicit declaration of function `inter_module_get_Rf6a0ce24'
nv.c:2832: warning: implicit declaration of function `inter_module_put_R6b99f7d8'
make: *** [nv.o] Error 1
In a fresh install, instructions works.
Have you update to RedHat 8.0, or is a new install?
Have you installed a new kernel, or installed it from 2nd CD?
There is any other package not from RedHat 8.0?
Have you tried to compile your own kernel?
1. Must have only gcc-3, not gcc-2.96, this cause problems compiling Nvidia Driver.
2. If you dowloaded and installed a kernel from kernel.org, you need to do this links /usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux and /usr/include/asm ->/usr/src/linux/include/asm. RedHat has its own includes
3. You need to configure your kernel, if have an SMP machine or if you have done a make mrproper in /usr/src/linux
4. If you have diferent kernel sources, check /usr/src/linux points to your kernel-source
5. There is a post, that points to a webpage with a Nvidia-driver.rpm ( I don't remember link )