View Single Post
Old 02-04-04, 10:30 AM   #3
sleeperawaken

Send a message via Yahoo to sleeperawaken
Default Same problem with a Geforce4 Ti4200

Hello,

I've got the same problem. I am running Mandrake 9.2 on my machine, used Nvidia driver 5328. Editted my config file the same, was rewarded with the Nvidia splash screen, but even my GL screen savers run like a slide show presentation. Same problem with Chromium (hope I spelled that right)....slide show again. I would expect better performance out of a Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB card....LOL... That is right, mine is a Geforce4 Ti4200, not a Geforce2. I would guess this means that whatever our problem is, is not card specific. It has something to do with the driver we are installing. Either the driver is faulty, or we are doing something wrong. If we are doing something wrong, I don't know what it is. Nvidia has a new version of the driver out now, it is a 5336 as I recall. I will try that tonight & see if my problems go away.

I was glad to see I am not the only one on earth with this problem, & that it is not specific to my card. I will try some other forums. If I find an answer, or if the new driver fixes the problem, I'll let you know.

Oh, do you have a VIA chipset on you motherboard? The new 5336 Nvidia driver said something about fixing a AGP failure problem for VIA chipsets. My board has a VIA chipset, maybe this is where the problem is.

Anyway, I will let you know if I find a fix. Please let me know if you have found, or find a fix too ?

Thanks )
sleeperawaken is offline   Reply With Quote