View Single Post
Old 02-07-04, 10:54 PM   #14
Razor04

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Really? That's exactly the opposite of what I heard, in fact there was a rumor that Xbox 2 would REQUIRE an HDTV an only support HDTV modes (480p and up), though that rumor was proven false I believe.
HDTV is 1280x720P or 1920x1080i. Lower resolutions can be called either EDTV or SDTV. Basically fancy names for a TV that can do progressive scan. Those modes only allow DVD or lower resolution though. To roughly translate it is like going from 640x480 to 800x600 to 1280x960 in computer monitor terms. Granted each is a step forward but come on...800x600 blows without AA and 640x480? Who are we kidding...it sucks.

I honestly don't know how people can look at some of the graphics on consoles and say they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Almost all have low textures with tons of jaggies and lots of shiny things to catch your attention. I don't know I just much prefer the PC for what it can do. Consoles have a ways to go before they can take over. Personally I think we will end up with some sort of hybrid that allows a relatively fixed architecture but allows for some configuration changes (such as resolution and all).
Razor04 is offline   Reply With Quote