View Single Post
Old 02-08-04, 11:38 AM   #26
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Prime
I'm afraid you PC fanboys are in denial. Being one myself I can understand. The technology is advancing so fast that they will be able to create a console that can do the best graphics your eyes can visually discern in a cheap $100-$200 package soon. Maybe not with the X-box2/PS3/Gameshpere generation, but probably the next gen, out in 2010-2011. You won't be able to do better graphics/AI etc. so there will be no point to buying PCs for gaming anymore, as you can get the best of everything on a cheap console. PC gaming won't just die out all of the sudden then, but it will fade away over a few years, and developers will just stop making PC games. I'm sure some PC gaming will remain, but only in the form of user-created games most likely, or a very small niche market.

This is all 7-8 years away though, so don't worry now.
Your theory could alsmot work accept for the big setback, your assumeing game complexity never changes and graphcis never change.

And with the console that is ture, games never get more complex or better looking, the Xbox is locked in the year 1999. But As software evolves and as they push for more graphics and better ai, better physics and voice recogintion and some feature that we dont know we want yet (like physicis, tha is in EVERY new game). Consoles are locked in how many features they can add for around 5 years, but the PC they just keep adding them on as fast as they can invent them.