Thread: Fedora & Tnt2
View Single Post
Old 02-08-04, 03:54 PM   #1
cowchaser

Send a message via AIM to cowchaser
Unhappy Fedora & Tnt2

I have been using NVIDIA Drivers for several years with great results with Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0 on my Athlon 1400 and a TNT2 video card. I recently updated to Fedora Core 1 and installed the driver I was using with RH 8.0 (I do not remember witch version) and it seemed to work fine. Tux Racer is the only thing I tried and it seemed to run normally. When the new 1.0-5336 driver came out, I downloaded and installed and unfortunately deleted the old one. Every thing seemed to go fine with the install except it is very slow, I get 75.000 FPS with glxgears. I have searched this forum and several others including a general google Internet search. I have tried installing with RPMs and the normal NVIDA installer. I have tried removing and or renaming the Mesa libraries. Everything I have tried has given me the same result of 75.000 FPS. I did find one post that mentioned that he saw a decrease in speed from a previous driver to the new 1.0-5336 with Fedora and his TNT2 card. So with all that said my question is, What kind of speed, FPS, should I be expecting with Fedora and a TNT2 video card? Do the newer drivers give a decrease in performance with this card? If so, what older version should I use to get the best performance?
System information:
Video Card: TNT2/TNT2 Pro] rev 17 with 32 MB
Driver Version: 1.0-5336 installed from RPMS
Distribution: Fedora Core 1
Video bios revision: 02.05.01.00.00
Processor: AMD Athlon 1400
Motherboard: ASUS A7M266

XF86Config attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt xf86config.txt (3.1 KB, 178 views)