View Single Post
Old 02-09-04, 02:40 PM   #66
D.K.Tronics
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Dreamcast had a very nice and inexpensive VGA box, but unfortunatly the ones for current consoles cost too much and aren't widely availible
All the ones I've seen are crap.
There is a conversion going on, with ALL VGA boxes. Conversion = lower quality. Also, high quality VGA boxes cost a lot of money, so why bother ?

Quote:
Huh? Almost all the games I have support the VGA box.
I have 177 DC games, most I copied, after the system died. 10% of them work properly on a VGA box. A few titles have been hacked to support VGA, while the rest produce either a b/w screen, or shut my monitor off.

Quote:
But even now Xbox supports HDTV and almost all games for the system at least support 480p. Might not be high-resolution, but it's certainly a step in the right direction
Not when 90% of the worlds population own a regular TV.
It won't happen for many years, at least until they turn off analog.

Quote:
I'd say about 5% of the games actually support a true high-definition (i.e. 720p or above) display
5%, isn't 95 %. It needs to be, if it's going to take off.

Quote:
Though why do you say HDTVs are inferior to monitors?
Fact is, they are. And no amount of fact twisting will change that.
It's like driving a GTI, or a Subaru Impretza. Lovely car, nice drive, but totally inferior to a Porche, or a Ferrari.
Why drive a GTI, when you can drive a Ferrari ?

Oh, and just to rub it in

Quote:
Valve Software "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2," director of marketing Doug Lombardi told CNN/Money this week, and doesn't plan to reveal any new information before E3, where the highly anticipated first-person shooter will once again make an appearance. The planned Xbox version (and any other console ports) will be set back until roughly spring 2005 as a result.
Only planned for console ? And 2005 ?
Another reason to stay with PC.
1 Gb PC3700 Corsair RAM
SBLive Platinum + Livedrive II - 7 years old and STILL going strong
Windows XP Pro SP2
D.K.Tronics is offline   Reply With Quote