View Single Post
Old 02-12-04, 12:24 PM   #1
myrna

Default A7N266 locking up tight with any Linux

Using a new Asus A7N266 mb with nvidia chipset and can not get any video, etc.

Wanted to run Arklinux but after spending three days trying to get that to work, am now trying Mandrake 9.2.

Tried to use the nvidia nforce drivers, both rpm and gzip. Got the driver to install but computer locks tight right after KDE is loaded 100%.

Then tried the latest graphics driver and get the same results. With Arklinux it would boot in just fine but lock when I started X. With Mandrake 9.2 I must interactive boot and not start the APM daemon or it locks at that point.

Installed an old TNT2 card my son had discarded and got it to work just fine in Arklinux but it locks every time in Mandrake 9.2.

I have obtained the kernel source for both linuxes and the versions match when I do an rpm -qa | grep kernel

I installed Microsoft Windows XP and the drivers that came with the mb and everything worked great so the mb appears to be ok.

I have attached a zip with the nvidia-install log, the XFree86.log and the XF86Config-4 file.

I don't know what to try next!

More info: Tried Mandrake 9.1 and it would lock the computer at Module dependencies even in safe mode. Tried Fedora Core 1 and got the same results as Redhat 9, it locked the computer at Checking for new hardware.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (8.3 KB, 120 views)
myrna is offline   Reply With Quote