GeForce 5700, SuSE 9.0, hsync problems (solved)
when I startx then the left an right border is all fuzzy, jumping about the width of a thump. I think it might be an hsync problem. Ob course the picture in betreen the borders look just as bad.
What I have tried that far:
- X works ok in with "vesa" instead of "nv" driver.
- MS-Windows works with all resolutions.
- modlines from a working installation (same monitor) won't work.
- sax2 won't work either - it did work with at installation, but then the vesa driver is used.
- sax2 won't reconize the card by name, just saying it is "0x0342".
- downloaded nvidia driver - however I am unsure if they are activated.
Card: MSI GeForce FX5700-TD RTL
Mainbord: Asus K8V Deluxe
OS: SuSE 9.0 AMD64
Any help is apreciated.
Last edited by krischik; 02-17-04 at 03:34 AM.