View Single Post
Old 02-18-04, 11:21 PM   #3
Bana

Send a message via AIM to Bana

Hmmm, depmod -a didn't show anything and when I did a modprobe ac_97_codec it seemed to work fine (no errors) yet now when I run modprobe I get a different error (well, modprobe's is still the same yet insmods is different:

Code:
[root@tuxpenguin bana]# /sbin/depmod -a
[root@tuxpenguin bana]# /sbin/modprobe ac97_codec
[root@tuxpenguin bana]# /sbin/modprobe nvaudio
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: insmod nvaudio failed
[root@tuxpenguin bana]# /sbin/insmod nvaudio
Using /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2166.nptl/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
And when I looked at dmesg (after all of the above) the last few lines looked like this:
Code:
Nvidia Audio, 20:22:47 Feb 17 2004 version 9999
Nvaudio: in Funcction Nvaudio_init_module
Nvidia Audio, 20:22:47 Feb 17 2004 version 9999
Nvaudio: in Funcction Nvaudio_init_module
I see in the faq where it talks about unresolved symbols and I am begining to wonder what version of the kernel source I have, with a rpm -qa | grep kernel I get kernel-2.6.2-1.74 in response (although I am using the 2.4 kernel) yet I have kernel source install otherwise I wouldn't have been able to build the driver at all and my /usr/src/ directory has
Code:
ATI        linux-2.4.22-1.2135.nptl  nvidia
linux-2.4  linux-2.4.22-1.2166.nptl  redhat
so I am not sure if I should install the 2.4 sources with yum so that they are more recognizable by the building program.

Thats all that I can think of right now, if you need any more info, just ask. Thanks