View Single Post
Old 02-19-04, 09:46 PM   #1
FlipmodePlaya

Default SuSE 9 with 5900 FX Problem.

I eMailed SuSE for support, but it doesn't look like they will respond.

I'm trying to install the 1.0-5336 drivers for Linux IA32 on SuSE 9, with a 2.4.x kernel. I downloaded the .run script and ran it, following the special SuSE instructions (here ), and everything seemed to go fine. It says to configure SaX afterwards with the command 'sax2 -m 0=nvidia'. When doing so, I get an error advising me of how to fix it. it suggests that the card (5900, in this case) is not supported, that I selected the wrong module (the '0=nvidia' seems to be right, the site it directs me to seems to confirm that), to check the log for clues, and to seek help from SuSE (as I did, with no reply).

As far as I can tell, everything but 3D (possibly OpenGL?) stuff is working. For instance, when trying to run 'glxgears' I get the following error:

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

Running 'cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status' I get this response:

Not sure if it's relevant, but whenever I enter the 'Graphics card and monitor' module in YaST I get a dialogue asking me to configure my display. After doing so, the dialogue comes up again. It doesn't have my monitor model, or even manufacturer, as an option, but it seems to work anyway. After all, I'm able to type this at the computer I'm having the problems on.

I've attached the log found at '/var/log/SaX.log'. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
FlipmodePlaya is offline   Reply With Quote