View Single Post
Old 02-20-04, 06:45 AM   #18
de><ta
prodigy

Quote:
Originally posted by Nephilim
Well, it's not quake, but here's the closest I could find

Regarding the comparision you have what color mode (ie. millions of color for the apple case) was it tested under? The last review for a mac game i read was for SOF2 where the only reason the frame per sec was good was due to the fact that the color mode was reduced while playing the game.

Secondly UT2k3 does not use DX9 that heavily to justify appending that bit of info

Third what graphics cards where they using? I am thinking that the G4 had something in the order of nV GForce 4 level. How about the PC?

Fourth you do realize that the max frame per sec could have been recorded when there was not much pressure on the system... The average is a better indication.

All said and done it depends on how well the game is optimised to make use of the underlying hardware. I am sure ID would do as good a job as it did with Q3.

Right now all that is being done is but mere speculation about D3's performance... speculation, geesh lets just wait for D3 to be first released.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote