View Single Post
Old 02-23-04, 04:09 PM   #6
tecate428766

Default install error??!?! AHHH

well, i tried YaST to install it from YOU. but, and error occured download. i think it says ftp site not responding or soemthing. anyway, i finally got the installer to run(put it on cdrw and went from there). the installer came up and worked fine, untill it said this;"ERROR: Unable to determine the NVIDIA kernel module filename" Then below that it reads "ake: *** [select_makefile] Error 1. that is after it tried to compile its own kernal interface. im not sure what to do about this. i couldnt find any help on README files or anything els that i've found. HELP AGAIN PLEASE!!! is it because im running it from the cdrom drive?

-
IBM xSeries eServer, 2.0 Celeron. 128MB DDR2100 CL2.5 RAM. not sure what chipset, but it is INTEL i beleive. PNY GeForceFX 5200 AGP 128. Samsung CDdrive(40x i think).40GB IBM HDD, Boadcom NetExtreme GigaNet interface. Samsung 955DF monitor. Also has integrated ATI RageXL(works, but not configured for multiple monitor support). SuSE 9.0 PRO(i586)- kernel 2.4.21-192-Default.
tecate428766 is offline   Reply With Quote