View Single Post
Old 10-14-02, 03:30 PM   #1
Zoltan

Question DPMS + TvOut + Video trouble

Hello

I have ASUS V8200 Deluxe (original GF3 with TvOut). I connect it to my Sony VCR to watch movies. I launch a second X server using "startx -- -layout TV :1" and run mplayer there.

If I don't move a mouse/press keys for a long time (an hour or so) despite my setting of DPMS to off

xset s off
xset -dpms

I also have an option "DPMS" "off" in my device section for TvOut in /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4.

it looks like my system tries to turn on power saving. When it happens my second X server dies with Signal 11 (log of what I get in my /var/log/XFree86.1.log when I run startx with -logverbose 5 is attached).

This is a minor issue, I can move my mouse every now and then to not allow power saving (which I cannot seem to disable), but I think I get the same problem on Windows 2000 SP3 too, can't give any debug info there though since there are no logs for windows.

Using: Mandrake linux 8.2 on Athlon TBird 1400, Asus A7M266 motherboard, LG Flatron 915FT+ monitor with

NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.mdk82up

drivers.

Let me know if there's something that can be done (most of all I hope that this is a bug and it will be fixed).