View Single Post
Old 03-06-04, 10:57 PM   #6
oudent

As far as I know it usually doesn't. If you have an AGP slot the board is designed to work with it. You may have to turn the integrated video off in the BIOS, but if you can't find such an option then the motherboard does it automatically, and therefore shouldn't cause problems.

Also, for anyone else interested in this topic, some stores will tell you certain 8x AGP cards will not work in 4x slots...this is generally not true, but with the MSI card I have, the MSI driver was unable to deal with working in a 4x AGP slot, though it said it could. If that becomes a problem, go with the NVIDIA driver, it is usually more up-to-date anyways.

I'm going to test the video out feature right now, so I will report on its functionality in Linux...its absolutely amazing in Windows!
Follow Up: Works just as well in Linux, at least when the video out is the only monitor connected. NVIDIA did a good job it seems. A nice Display Configuration utility that could remember setting would be nice though as you can't make out text at high resolutions, like those typically used for monitors, and it means you have to change it manually everytime if you have a setup like me.

Last edited by oudent; 03-07-04 at 03:26 AM.
oudent is offline   Reply With Quote