View Single Post
Old 03-28-04, 08:16 AM   #13
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: Getten a little hot around here...

First of all there is no legal issue to this (I doubt anybody could sue over a mod decision on a message board ), people are free to object to a decision. Of course nobody ever follows the set criteria for doing so, they prefer to cry and whine about it in public instead of contacting another mod or admin via pm.

Quote:
In my opinion a mod lis like a policeman. He reprsents an assinged authority. He determines who abides the law and who not. He decides when he intervines and takes action. This role is surelu needed. But has to be done in an imparcial way. Making jokes of one IHV and banning posters who are subjective to on IHV but not banning psters who are subjective to another IHV is not being imparcial.
I've made it quite clear to people that as long as they don't cause trouble and act like jerks I will be completely fine, of course you get idiot trolls turning up causing nothing but trouble. I refuse to show them one ounce of respect as they deserve none. I've made plenty of wise cracks at NVIDIA in the past, it just so happens that at the moment I am having problems with ATI drivers so I'm making fun of that. Nobody has ever been banned here simply for supporting another company, some would want you to think that but the truth is that those who are gone have been long time trouble makers, some of whom have been banned previously but who we gave a second chance and they botched it.