View Single Post
Old 03-29-04, 06:09 AM   #23
Drumphil

Default Re: Far Cry shows how pitiful GeForceFX is in DX9 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Ummm Front Side Bus, Honestly doesnt change much cept the ram speed these Days, Specially on Nforce 2 based boards ect, FSB is an interesting term, Because all its really changing is the Northbridges performance and the way the CPU relates to the Memory, I can still remember when raising it changes the AGP/PCI devices as well... gosh them were the days... Damn I think Vias New Boards for a64 arch dont do that right?

Increasing FSB also Increases Memory, And the guy would recieve a 100 mhz Memory Speed adjustment with a P4C Rather than a P4a @ 100 mhz FSB, So theres qutet a bit of bandwith improvement.

So ya it would make a difference ;p
er, last time I checked the nforce was the ONLY chipset that had a functional AGP/PCI lock, so for most people the FSB speed does effect the RAM speed.. (and agp and pci). You can decide wether or not to lock the AGP/PCI on the nforce boards I think..

And please stop using double negatives.. Im still not exactly sure what you are trying to say.

anyways, your test will test how FSB effects benchmark performance, not GPU performance. And increasing FSB will increase the IPC for the CPU, but the IPC rate for the GPU will remain the same, because the GPU has its own ram.