View Single Post
Old 03-29-04, 09:35 AM   #30
pharma

Default Re: Far Cry shows how pitiful GeForceFX is in DX9 games

Pantherman,

I have no issues running Far Cry with my FX 5900 U - I get fps between 40 - 60 with fsaa set to 4x and picture quality is excellent. I'm currently running using the following settings:

Texture Quality Very High
Trilinear
Anistro 4
Particle Count Medium
Special Effects High
Environment Very High
Shadow Effects Medium
Water Quality Very High
Lighting Quality Medium or High

I'm using the Forceware 56.63 WHQL downloadable from guru3d.com or the MSI site.

You might also want to get the Audigy 2 ZS update that came out yesterday. The follow were implemented:

Added Feature:

EAX 4.0, containing DirectSound and Open AL API extensions, to utilize the EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Multiple Environment feature

Fixes

Resolves the issue of THX® Setup Console resetting to default values whenever it is launched.
Removes noise and distortion when THX Setup Console is used.
Synchronizes the settings between EAX® ADVANCED HD™ and Creative Graphic Equalizer.
Enables MIDI device name display in Windows® Multimedia Device and SoundFont® Bank Manager.
Enables the activation of imported EAX effect presets.
Resolves the audio mute issue that is encountered when certain EAX effect presets are activated.
Resolves the system stall issue that is encountered when rewinding or fast-forwarding DTS®-encoded audio CDs, on external DVD players that are playing back through your audio card.
Enhances the performance of PC games that use native OpenAL API extensions.
pharma is offline   Reply With Quote