View Single Post
Old 04-19-04, 06:10 AM   #1
ronathome

Default Quadro4 700XGL twinview problem - hardware issue?

Hi folks,

I'd be grateful if anyone can help me here. I'm trying to get twinview working on a Dell 530 workstation with a Quadro4 700XGL card installed, and I appear to have no signal from the VGA adapter - and apparently no errors reported in the XFree86.0.log file.

What I'd be grateful to find out is whether I have (a) hit a driver bug; (b) have faulty hardware; or (c)-the preferred option)- stuffed up my config file ;^)

Here's what I've tried so far: I have two CRT monitors, onbe of which is better than the other (both are Sony Trinitrons). I've set the horizontal sync and vertical refresh to be the same on both - and chosen the lesser of the two monitors for the settings. I have a VGA adapter on the digital out (DRI?) - this is the one that works. I've got stereo switched on and am trying to get twinview to work in clone mode.

If I have twinview set as per normal, I get half a screen - i.e. the twinview is set up correctly but the VGA out is producing no signal, so I see one half of my desktop.

I've got the modelines set the same now (eliminating that warning message about stereo in twinview not being supported unless the modelines are identical) and I have twinview mode set to clone.

There are no errors or warnings in the XFree86.0.log file (attached as XFree86_0_log.txt - I thought someone said that problem had been fixed??), if I swap the monitors over it's always the one on the DRI with the VGA adapter that works - so the monitors are ok and the settings on CRT-0 are certainly ok.

I've also attached the XF86Config file as well.

Any ideas? Can I definitely say I have a hardware problem or is there a conflict with another setting somewhere (that isn't throwing an error)?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Hardware and other details are:-

This is my /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0:-
Model: Quadro4 700 XGL
IRQ: 16
Video BIOS: 04.25.00.23.09
Card Type: AGP

NVidia Driver version: 1.0-5336

OS: Linux cfd1 2.4.18-9.msc-smp #1 SMP Wed Nov 20 18:07:55 PST 2002 i686 unknown

/proc/cpuinfo:
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.20GHz
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 2175.202
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 4338.48

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.20GHz
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 2175.202
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 4338.48
Attached Files
File Type: txt XFree86_0_log.txt (26.2 KB, 142 views)
File Type: txt XF86Config.txt (8.1 KB, 216 views)
ronathome is offline   Reply With Quote