View Single Post
Old 04-22-04, 02:49 PM   #4
salemvam

Default Re: Problem with Geeforce 4MX 440 and Mandrake

Hello Guys:
================================================== ============
No option added ("NvAGP" "2", "0"... ) worked for me... I think I have Gremlins in my PC. After all before the installation of a recently downloaded version of Mandrake 10.0. The same problem of always: my screen freezes and I only can move the cursor a few seconds after KDE or GNOME starts... sometimes freezes before the session is completely loaded. I only can see a "beautiful" screenshot of my desktop (and sometimes the sound in a ring at the background) and the only thing to do is a dirty restart.
I don't know what's the problem: with Windows (98se or XP for example) my nVidia works fine. With Mepis (Debian) or Red Hat works too... but with MDK is a nightmare installing the nVidia drivers because after uninstalling them with the correct command line program, OpenGL doesn't work at all and I must reinstall Mandrake again if I want play again with Frozen Bubble for example.
I read that the Commercial version of Mandrake 10.0 does support nVidia drivers and the Downloadable version (this is what I'm using now) doesn't... is this true?
Salutations from Tenerife, and thanks for your time reading this.
salemvam is offline   Reply With Quote