View Single Post
Old 05-04-04, 08:18 AM   #1
weaverdh

Default Nvidia command line parameters?

Sorry for posting on this, i have used the search feature but either i didn't hit on the right keywords or i overlooked things.

I have been trying for some time to install the NVIDIA 5336 drivers but have had a lot of difficulty understanding what to type and how things work, i am a newcomer to Linux and am currently using White Box on a generic PC with a GeForce 4Ti card.

My biggest problem is that i have to specify where my kernal source is, i now have this installed and know its location but unfortunately i do not know how to tell the installation programe this. At the end of my failed installation attempt i get told to specify the --kernal-source-path parameter.....fine, but how?

At the moment i am typing (with root permission);

sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run --kernal-source-path=/lib/modules/2.4.21-4.EL

and also;

sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run /lib/modules/2.4.21-4.EL

This just returns the message 'invalid commandline', can anyone tell me how to use this --kernal-source-path parameter please? I have tried variations on this parameter, missing out the --kernal-source-path section, trying different layouts, but i'm guessing. I cannot find any reference to its exact usage anywhere. Many thanks in hope.
weaverdh is offline   Reply With Quote