View Single Post
Old 05-09-04, 08:44 AM   #1
ibm2080

Exclamation Getting GLX to work ...

Hi all,

I have read a few posts and searched the web to try and fix my problem, but no luck till now.

I am writing this post from debian with nvidia drivers v.1.0.5336. So the drivers work. I even see the nvidia logo at the startup of my X server. However, I should point out that I did not use the nvidia installer, but I used the debian packages to build and install the drivers along side my kernel. I followed this site's advice to the letter Debian-nVidia HOWTO (A great reference by the way). All works except that in XFree's log, I get the error message "Failed to load GLX". I tried to run an OpenGL app, but my X server crashes just like if I hit ctrl-alt-backspace.

I tried to set the verbosity level to the highest using "XFree86 -logverbose 10" but it did not print anything more than the message I quoted earlier. I'll attach my config file and the log file I got at verbosity 10. (All renamed to .txt)

I hope someone can help me figure out how to solve this. Or at least where the problem might be ;-).

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt XF86Config.txt (14.7 KB, 162 views)
File Type: txt XFree86.v10.txt (31.3 KB, 173 views)
ibm2080 is offline   Reply With Quote