View Single Post
Old 05-16-04, 08:38 PM   #145
hovz

Default Re: I Played FarCry with Pixel Shader 3.0

no, its clearly obvious ati is cheating. i have no respect for ati or nvidia. they have made it impossible to judge a card on the hardware. now its just who can hide there cheats better. then when they get caught they claim its a bug. ud figure the ati and nvidia fan boys would smarten up after the 5th or 6th time these companies get caught cheating. that being said there is still only ati or nvidia, so u rly have no choice if you want a good performing 3d card. i still think the r420 is a good margin faster than nv40 where it counts, the exception being doom 3, not many other big games will be in open gl. r420 is a decent gap ahead of nv40 in pixel shading. thsi will only increase as ati improves its drivers(it will on nv40 too but sooner or later the register limitations will take a toll). you can see that both the pro and xt have abnormally low fillrates in the syntehtic benchmarks, they will definitly improve. and i think far cry is a perfect example of how things will play out int he future. nvidia will up their speed, but so will ati and in the end the pro will match or beat the nv40 in most dirext x 9 games with aa and af.
hovz is offline   Reply With Quote