View Single Post
Old 05-20-04, 12:52 PM   #5
jnygaard

Default Re: GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object

Just hooking on to an existing thread... I want to use the extension, extension inquiry tells me that it's available (I have the 5336 driver, running Linux) but for some reason I had to manually extract the prototype from the glext.h file and manually insert it in my program, don't quite understand why, since the file is actually included, but anyway...

The main problem though, is that the linker cannot resolve the proper calls:

bombadil 29>/usr/local/gcc-3.2.1/bin/g++ -L../sisl -L../gluttools -L../utils -L../simpletri -L/usr/X11/lib sisl_view.o auxi.o draw_segments.o lorenz.o read_curves.o read_nurbs_sf.o refl.o sisl_aux.o surftools.o tri_refine.o tri_thin.o trisupport.o -lsisl -lgluttools -lutils -lsimpletri -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lXi -lXmu -o sisl_view
sisl_view.o(.text+0x2303): In function `draw_triangulation(int, int)':
/home/jnygaard/smlc/sisl_view/sisl_view.C:774: undefined reference to `glBindBufferARB(unsigned, unsigned)'
sisl_view.o(.text+0x243b): In function `draw_triangulation(int, int)':
/usr/local/gcc-3.2.1/include/c++/3.2.1/bits/stl_vector.h:261: undefined reference to `glBufferDataARB(unsigned, int, void const*, unsigned)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
bombadil 30>

I simply do not understand what is missing, since everything else seems to work... Any ideas?
jnygaard is offline   Reply With Quote