View Single Post
Old 05-30-04, 08:16 AM   #54
MikeC
Administrator

Default Thief 3 Deadly Shadows Screenshots

Here are a few Thief 3 demo screenshots from a GeForce 6800 Ultra that I took while playing the first training level. The Thief 3 "Default.ini" file was left unchanged and all in-game graphics options were set to their maximum level. Bloom was disabled and multisampling was set to 4. AA and AF were set to application preference in the graphics driver.

In order to capture the effects of AA, I had to use the Print Screen key and Alt-Tab back to Windows to save the screenshot (in PNG format). The screenshots were not altered and were converted them from PNG to JPG. The last screenshot was taken with various settings - bloom enabled, then bloom disabled with 1, 2, 3, and 4 multisampling.

The GeForce 6800 Ultra (and Athlon 64 3400+) averaged 45 FPS at 1024x768 in the first tutorial with the same settings that were used in the screenshots. The minimum frame rate of 23 FPS occurred in the scene in screenshot 6. Lighting and shadows are impressive although the screenshots are unable to deliver the effect of the real-time interaction between them. Audio Hardware Mixing and EAX Advanced HD were also enabled.

Damn, I can't wait to start on the next level tonight!

A link to the corresponding 1024x768 screenshot is provide above each thumbnail.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Screenshot 5

Screenshot 6

Screenshot 7

Screenshot 8

Screenshot 9

Screenshot 10

Screenshot 11

Screenshot 12