View Single Post
Old 06-03-04, 04:50 AM   #7
bednar

Default Re: DFP and TV: I want DFP to be the primary display!

Andy,

my concern was to point the problem, unknown since today for Nvidia as I think, and to show how the problem could be seen by some people (home users and professionals). Thank You very much for reply. I hope It resolves some problems.

I'm not sure if I understand the solution of having gdm login screen on proper device. I was trying to set up following configuration: 800x600 TV (screen 1) left of 1280x1024 DFP (screen 0) in Twin View mode (I prefere the TvienView orver the Dual Head as I can move windows between screens, ofcourse when the Xinerama works properly). I don't remember if I got TV screen number 0 or 1. I think I got screen 0 on TV and this was cause of having gdm on TV. I can't check it know because I have no NVidia gfx card now, but when the problem will be resolved I'll switch to NV. Here is my saved configuration from the day I was testing NVidia card.

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Sony"
VendorName "Sony"
ModelName "X72"
HorizSync 20-65
VertRefresh 60
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device1"
VendorName "nvidia"
Driver "nvidia"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

Option "NoDDC" "no"
Option "TwinView" "yes"
Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
Option "TVOutFormat" "Svideo"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-70"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
Option "MetaModes" "800x600 @800x600, 1280x1024 @1280x1024"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "dfp"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "tv"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen1"
Device "Device1"
Monitor "Sony"
DefaultColorDepth 24
Subsection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "AGPTwinView"
Screen "Screen1"
InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

I understand that I had to treat DFP as second monitor, at least in XF86Config-4. But I wonder how the Xserver and Xinerama extension (is the Xinerama build in NV driver????) will treat devices order. It is if X put gdm on DFP?
bednar is offline   Reply With Quote