Thread: My 6800 Ultra
View Single Post
Old 06-08-04, 04:49 PM   #438
ChrisRay

Default Re: My 6800 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefeet8
Hmm.. I'm not sure what is actually being used, but look at these comparisons.

The first shot is from 8xAA from the CP(61.32). The other is 8xAA Forced using Rivatuner. We all should know that Super Sampling affects AF. And in this case, you can see that the 8xSFSAA in the 61.32 beta forceware's are not using the old 8xS FSAA mode. There is definately less SS being used in the 61.xx drivers. Which does explain the performance increase. But it does also show that SS is still being used. Interesting. It seems though that the new 8xAA is using the old OGMS since it works on my Fx5900u. Maybe on the 6800u it uses the new RGMS AA instead?.. Interestingly, 4xS forced through Rivatuner show the exact same affects on AF as 8xAA through the Cp.

BTW, jakUp, you can use Rivatuner to enable the other FSAA modes. They seem to be working on my Fx5900u. I'd like to see some benchmarks with 4xS FSAA.
Fivefeet, Even with Riva Tuner, The old 8x and new 8x modes are broken. For the Nv3x Series, You'll get Anti aliasing but not at the same quality. I pointed this out in the 61.34 driver thread.

Its pure super sampling, With no multi sampling. Only for the Geforce 6 6800 do you get the the new proper multi sampling/super sampling hybrids.

So In effect, 8x in Control panel for Geforce FX users is a 4x OGSS, With a Texture sampling offset, and old 8x is a 4x RGSS, with texture sampling offset from geometry again.

But there is no multi sampling occuring.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote