View Single Post
Old 11-01-02, 02:36 PM   #3
r0gu3

Send a message via AIM to r0gu3

Well i have a solution that i have been working on, although its really just a hack...

My simple trick is to start up the xserver WITHOUT xinerama...
then start a XGGI up ontop of that Xserver, with multiple targets (read more about libggi in the documentation on www.ggi-project.org) so basically it displays what you would expect the Xserver to display(un accelerate)...

Now for 3d acceleration... I wrote a opengl passthru library a while ago(http://r0gu3.codices.net/) that i have recently worked into an opengl splitter, which basically renders the complete context on all outputs, then shifts the matrices over for that specfic display...
Now mind you this library isn't complete (as in it only works with a handful of demos, and has several other limitations...) but I should have a release out in not too much longer ( this same problem affects all the opensource drivers as well)

Another thing that needs to be done as far as acceleration, is to port XGGI up to Xfree86 4.x... it is a completely seperate application and doesn't depend on your xserver BUT i want to add xfree86's xv extension and xinerama extension...

The only real (practical) downside to this is the fact that you technically are running 2 xservers...

I could post on this bulletin board when i have a release of this library if you would like

- r0gu3
r0gu3 is offline   Reply With Quote