View Single Post
Old 07-04-04, 09:22 PM   #114
sleepylight

Default Re: 1.0-6106 for X86-32 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander
@sleepylight: you can extract the .run file and build the module manually in the usr/src/nv subdirectory (of the newly created NVIDIA-Linux... directory), passing it the same arguments (make O=...) you passed to KBUILD when building the kernel. The installer currently has no way of determining this itself (future kernels may change that).

Ok. I took your advise here and decided to start over. I cleaned my kernel tree by running make mrproper, then unpacked the archive. I ran the makefile and quickly discovered I had returned to problems with the kernel version. I copied over version.h and everything was ok again. So now, w/o moving any other files I almost have a working module.

When I run "make O=/tmp/build/kernel install" in /tmp/..../usr/src/nv I get a file to build and almost load but for one error message:

nvidia: version magic '2.6.7 PENTIUM4 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.3' shoul be '2.6.7 PENTIUM4 REGPARM gcc-3.3'
fatal: error inserting nvidia (/lib/modules/2.6.7/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko): invalid module format.

I guess it doesn't like that 4k stack parameter. I don't know why though, that's how I compiled the kernel.
sleepylight is offline   Reply With Quote