View Single Post
Old 07-05-04, 01:38 AM   #238
ChrisRay

Default Re: Far Cry Benchmarks - Shader Model 3.0 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirney
Well that seems totally dumb to me. You have a game thats been shipping for what 4 months now. And you write a patch that slows down the performance on a majority of the hardware that its ran on (granted it will run faster on the 6800 but I would guss only a small fraction of the users have them atm). I mean call me crazy but if you have a shipping title then one thing you normally dont do is mess with the rendering engine to hurt perfromance on a majority of the other cards out there. Seems to me the smart thing is to fix all game critical bugs. Then play around with the rendering engine on the next game....
I have seen websites say its faster for ATI and slower for ATI, I'm not sure what to think. By the time I get my 9700 Pro though, it'll be too late for me to investigate it I'm sure. I really doubt the performance loss is as big as its been exxagerated, If it's even there.

That being said, it did fix the obsurd Image Quality issues for the Nv3x owners.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote