View Single Post
Old 07-05-04, 08:08 PM   #273
mario64

Default Re: Far Cry Benchmarks - Shader Model 3.0 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I don't get the connection? Why would it depend on the nvidia drivers? Didn't the patch work for the people that tested it during this preview (not sure if everyone used the same driver or not)? I guess I think they're trying to fix the ATI glitches before releasing it since those were introduced with the patch (i.e. weren't there before and you hate to take a step backwards with a patch). As far as nvidia, I'd think they'd want it released sooner rather than later since it has been a thorn in their side for a while now and this patch fixes most of those issues. Anyway, nvidia does need to get out an official driver though. It does seem to be a little confusing for the 6800 users (knowing which one to use) since so many leaks are out.
In every review I read they were using unreleased SM 3.0-enabled 61.45 drivers (the current 61.45 leak doesn't support it) which no one else has access to. AFAIK, only 61.71 supports SM 3.0. Since many 6800 owners are using the drivers that came with their card, they won't be able to run SM 3.0 even with directx 9.0c installed.

Sooo, the big NV needs to get an official driver set out there in conjunction with this patch to all users can benefit from it...assuming of course they install DX 9.0c too. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that's the holdup.

Mario64
mario64 is offline   Reply With Quote