View Single Post
Old 07-06-04, 05:21 PM   #10
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default Re: Is there an issue with nForce 1 and Linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
The CD drive is needed. All of my CD drives are SCSI too. BTW, it's a SCSI card, but not a RAID controller, the 2 drives aren't stripped or anything, and the card has no hardware based RAID support. Also, I've had this SCSI card, and all these same drives since December 2000. I got this motherboard, CPU, and RAM in February 2002. From December 200 till February 2002, Linux both loaded and run on my computer quite happily, in both Red Hat and Mandrake. I think it's safe to assume the SCSI card is not the culprit...

Mandrake got the black screen of death immediately, with nothing having ever displayed to video. Just a little disk activity, and that was it. Nothing ever displayed after the Lilo screen...

THX though for the suggestion. Someone suggested trying Mandrake 10.0 or Fedora Core 2. I'll need to check them, when I can get down to burning CDs. Gento is another distro I could try. Should know more then. THX for the info.
right, didn't think about the cdrom being scsi, lol. try out the live cd and see what happens, a lot of people claim it is the only livecd that will run on their systems, so maybe that's indicates something with your situation, lol.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote