View Single Post
Old 11-09-02, 02:13 AM   #1
Kerion

Default nVidia FreeBSD drivers v1.0-3203 problems thread

This is just a quick thread to post known problems with the new FreeBSD drivers, so the devs can see whats going on out there

Please note, this is not a flame thread, or a "god these drivers suck!" thread. This is a "hey, this is a problem you might want to look at" thread. Those of us using FreeBSD should be grateful we got drivers

My system specs:

Via KT333 mobo
Athlon 1.2ghz
512mb of DDR266
geForce 3 Ti 200
onboard sound
FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE (just CVSup'ed today)

That being said, the problems I have witnessed:

* Definite lockup/reboot issues. This tends to happen after running an OpenGL application, then trying to run another. It seems to happen more often when using the AGPGART from FreeBSD (agp.ko or device agp in your kernel + #define USE_OS_AGP_GART in nv-freebsd.h).

* When using the AGPGART from FreeBSD, the hw.nvidia.agp.status sysctl vars don't seem to be correct. For instance, it will say AGP is disabled, even though doing a quick 'grep -i agp /var/log/XFree86.0.log' will show that AGP was initialized succesfully.

* This one is a bit more subjective, but it seems when an app generates mipmaps...its SLOOOWWWW. I will look more in to this and profile the actual gl calls.

Please post any other problems you guys are having here (which as much detail as possible, and your system config if possible). The more info we give the nVidia guys, the easier it is for them to fix the problems
Kerion is offline   Reply With Quote