View Single Post
Old 07-23-04, 07:30 PM   #50
Fynx-Gloire

Default Re: Power Supply / 6800 Series Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
With a 15a +12 rail, it probably wouldnt have done so well but you never know. Im sorry, i thought you had said you had a 420 thermaltake. Must have been someone else. Since thats the case, and it was a 300 watt PSU with only 15a on the +12, you were wise in upgrading it. I hope you enjoy your 6800 ultra Let us know how it performs for you
Oh my gosh, this really SUCKS.
I have my new TurboCool 510 Power supply right here in front of me, and I took my whole computer apart, and guess what?
My motherboard i850GB has a 20 pin connection IN ADDITION to a 6 pin flat connection, WHICH THIS POWER SUPPLY DOES NOT HAVE.
I called PCPowerandCooling and they said they used to have this 6 pin connection for old motherboards but NO MORE.
So they said they can either give me credit or custom make a connection for me.
This sucks.
Well what I will do is try my new graphics card on Monday and see if it will work with my exisiting power supply, if not then I will get the custom one made from them.
BE carefull everyone, not all powersupplies work with ALL motherboards.
My motherboard was pretty standard a few years ago, now I am screwed.

Sean
Alienware Area 51 system / Pentium 4 3.0 / 2 Gig Rambus PC800/ PNY Geforce 6800 Ultra at 425/1100/ 61.77's /Windows Xp Home and Windows Media center 2005 in dual boot / ATI HDTV tuner card / EVGA dual analog TV tuner card ( I can record 3 shows at once, SUckazzz!!! ) / Directx 9.0c / Adaptec 26160 SCSI adapter 2 SCSI 36 GIG Seagate Barracuda HD / 2 External firewire Maxtor 180 gig drives / Soundblaster Audigy 2 / Logitech Z-680 5.1 speakers / Sony GDM-FW900 24" widescreen monitor / Pioneeer 16X CD ROM / Adaptec 12/16/32U SCSI CD burner / Microsoft Natural Internet Keyboard / Microsoft Intellmouse / PCPOWER and Cooling 510 Deluxe 650 watt power supply 12V @ 34A
Fynx-Gloire is offline   Reply With Quote