View Single Post
Old 08-03-04, 01:37 AM   #100
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Talking just got doom3 :D (is something wrong?)

after about 8 near death experiences from attempting to drive 100MPH in my poor widdle jeep, i managed to get doom and make it home alive .

when i got it, i must say, i was very disappointed in the textures. many places looked highly pixelated, even from a good distance of atleast 5 feet. i've looked at screenshots to check this to make sure it's not just me, and it doesn't seem to be. does anyone have more info on this? here's a screenshot for an example (i will get more if i need to).

also, if you know of a good program for converting .tga pictures to .jpg/.png, i'd really appreciate it (as you can see the one i'm using i only found as a trial, lol).

also, i'd like to point out that what makes this game look so excellent is the bumpmapping and the lighting... and even though i'm curious about the textures bit, i am very pleased with how this game looks and feels; i think the screenshots do not give it the glory you would experience from actually playing the game. i will try to get fraps and record a small video of some really insane lighting effects for those who haven't yet seen it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fence.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	7290  
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote