On a scale 1-10, what would you rate Doom III?
It has been an absolute blast for me, and I'm not even finished! There are a few minor annoyances here and there, but they are just that... minor. I think its a fantastic game and loads of fun. (Scary too) Reminds me so much of Half-Life... but thats not a bad thing.
I wish there was more variety in the demons, since I'm getting kinda sick of killing imp after imp, and the enemies are getting a little predictable in terms of where they will spawn/hide... etc. I am also still having trouble connecting to some multiplayer servers. I also wish there was more examples of the physics engine. Also anyone finding any use for the fists? I wish they werent there, its just 1 more weapon for me to scroll through. I mean, you can bash people with the flashlight, why on earth would you need fists?
My vote for GOTY so far. FarCry is great also, alot different, but honostly, I am just having more fun with doom3. Much more polished, and appeals to me more.
- Great graphics
- Amazing environment/atmosphere
- Very scary at times
- Very cool scripted sequences
- Very well done demon models/NPC's
- Fun weapons
- Very impressive sound effects
- Audio logs are interesting
- Longer game than most nowadays
- Lighting/shadows is remarkable and fits the games mood
- Laggy and frustrating multiplayer
- Out of the box no self shadow/feet
- Sometimes a little too dark for my tastes
- Super bouncy rubberball grenades
- Repetitive enemies
- Occasional predictable battle
- Ocassional low res texture here or there
- Few examples of physics engine
- Some gun sounds could have a little more "oomph"
- I want my Doom 3 on DVD!!!!
I give it a:
- Amazing. Instant orgasm."