GF4 MX440 - X lockups...please help!
I've tried most things now, but X freezes up.
- I've tried both xfree86 and xorg.
- Kernel 2.6.7 and 2.6.8-RC2
- A most of the tips and tricks from this forum.
Sometimes it seems like things got stable...and I can use my system for up to 2 hours without any crashes.
Now I'm sick and tired of trying to fix this, so I swapped back to an old riva TNT2 card. Same driver, same everything, works with no problems (well ut2004 is a little slow).
With the nforce4 card tuxracer is all messed up. Again this works with the old tnt2 card.
Seems like the bugs are spesific to the mx440 chipset?
- your video card
- your driver version
- your distribution
Debian - Sarge
- your video bios revision (look in /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0 while X is running)
Unknown, had to put in another card because of lockups. Can swap back and take a look if this is really needed.
- your processor
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
- your motherboard model (especially if you're having lockups)