View Single Post
Old 08-10-04, 12:50 AM   #1
Moot
;-]

Arrow Disappointments in Doom 3

Before I start complaining I’ll first say over all the game is awesome. But there are some things that are lacking…

- Does anyone other than me remember “exact pixel damage skins” ? It seems that feature didn’t make it. Doom 3 version 0.02 alpha, or what ever it was, had them.
- Another feature I don’t think made in into the game is “per polygon damage” (not 100% sure on this one)
- Another feature that was promised and never happened was a sound track by Trent Reznor
- Marks on walls are off by default, and when they are turned on you get big ugly blotches. Couldn’t they have made proper bullet decals? Rather then make them pretty they just disabled marks on walls by default.
- Multiplayer portion of the game seems very neglected. The filters on the in game server scanner don’t even work. Like couldn’t someone notice that bug during testing? I think so. Who gives a poop ship the game! It’s single player focused anyway right?
- I wish some of the bodies would stay behind, so you could keep dismembering them, and making a big bloody mess. Something you could do in the alpha.
- Scripting is too canned. During that bio scan in the beginning of the game even if you aren’t standing on the red squares you still pass your bio scan, and even if you aren’t moving he tells you to hold still.
- some stuff seems “borrow” from games like half-life. What about those health dispensers heh?
- There is no ultra shadow as of yet
- I have only played it for two or three hours so far and have already experienced the flash light bug.
- Lots of people have been saying this one but I’m going to say it again. Why can’t a competent marine carry a gun and flashlight at the same time?
- It’s hard to make things not too dark, or not blow out the colors, and get hot spots.
- some of the textures are rather low quality
- Interacting with things in your world seems very limited. Even in half-life you could get a can of pop from the pop machines. But it’s not so in doom3. I was also hopping the turkey puncher game was actually a game within a game. Maybe an old version of doom you could stand there and play in doom 3. wouldn’t that have been cool?

Well that’s it for now. I’ll probably think of more as soon as I post this.
- ASUS ATI 5850
- 3 x 1 TB seagate barracuda HDDs
- Enermax MODU82+ 525W
- Asus Xonar D1
- klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra

Last edited by Moot; 08-10-04 at 01:07 AM.
Moot is offline   Reply With Quote