View Single Post
Old 08-10-04, 03:07 AM   #7
Rakeesh

Default Re: Disappointments in doom 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Its amazing to me that this is in a shipping product.. and its id! They are not known to ship games with huge bugs...
Hmm...something tells me you didn't play quake 2 when it first came out. It was arguably the buggiest game ever until like 8 months after its release. Not to mention doom 1 as well, version 1.0 of that game was terrible, the already blocky graphics were even more blocky, and even worse is it ran even slower that way.

Personally I like Doom 3 though, its a damn good single player game. I don't really have any beefs with the minor things. Play the game in the dark with a nice 5.1 surround system and the volume way up, with the bass slightly tweaked. The game is quite scary. Also not to mention surrealistic.

IMO the best ID software game ever made. I hated quake 1 (the entire game was just a big brown polygon blob) and quake 3 (this one didn't even have a game,) quake 2 was ok but nothing fantastic. The original doom games, the commander keen series, and the original wolfenstein 3d games weren't the best games ever, but I played them for hours when I was 11. Doom 3 certainly stands out from the rest.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Last edited by Rakeesh; 08-10-04 at 03:19 AM.
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote