View Single Post
Old 08-12-04, 10:19 AM   #91
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Disappointments in doom 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.K.Tronics
I wasn't comparing it to anything. This isn't about comparisons, it's about people on this board that are trying to make out this game is almost perfect. And, like I said, it isn't.
Uh, not really. The typical post from someone who ISN'T whining about every aspect of the game goes like this:

"I liked Doom 3 a lot. It was fun and the atmosphere was creepy and enjoyable."

The typical post from someone who IS whining about every aspect of the game goes like this:

"I H8 THIS GAME LOLZ. OMG ITS SO DARK AND U HAV 2 UZE A FLASHLIGHT LOL11!1! I COULD M4K3 IT BETTER ITS SO UNRELISTC. LOLZ OMG11!!1 ID RATHER PLAY FAR CRY ITS OUTDOORZ11!!"

To which the typical response from someone who ISN'T complaining and crying goes like:

"That's how the game was supposed to be. Stop concentrating on every little flaw and just enjoy it. Nothing's perfect."

And the response from the whining, crying, screaming people goes:

"I H8 THIS GAME LOLZ. OMG ITS SO DARK AND U HAV 2 UZE A FLASHLIGHT LOL11!1! I COULD M4K3 IT BETTER ITS SO UNRELISTC. LOLZ OMG11!!1 ID RATHER PLAY FAR CRY ITS OUTDOORZ11!!"

And so on and so forth. Here's the facts, whiners. Doom 3 has been well recieved and greatly enjoyed by over 90% of the people who've played it as several polls have pointed out. You are what's known as the VOCAL MINORITY. Meaning you can shut the hell up. Obviously none of us can convince you to enjoy the game, so maybe we can stop talking about it? Please? It's getting old. You're all running out of material.

And I totally stole the AOLer speech from one of your posts, Saint Lucifer. It served well in this post too, I think.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote