View Single Post
Old 08-12-04, 10:50 PM   #35
karkrash81
Do you like dags?

Send a message via AIM to karkrash81
Default Re: No Innovation in First Person Shooters

I personally thought soldier of fortune 2 was pretty mediocre which was a big disappointment coming from raven...

I think what needs to happen is that an established game developer needs to take a risk and make a really unique product...more people would definately pay attention if a developer that was famous did something different... imagine if ID suddenly decided to make a 1960's spy game...people would pay attention to it ... but if some small studio decided to do this no one would care...

I don't think it'd be too hard for a developer to infuse some character and plot into a first person shooter....what we need is an intelligent shooter...

any Kill Bill fans out there? that movie was an awesome action movie...but at the same time it had a pretty involving (yet cliché) story... lots of characters, lots of dialogue...i think that same attitude can be applied to a game...

speaking of tarantino...what if a game tried telling the story out of order...split the story up in segments and move stuff around...it'd let the player piece the plot together in a totally new way
My System: Athlon 64 x2 3800+ overclocked to 4600+/2 GB Geil PC3200/8800 GTS 320 mb/Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard/Logitech z-680's/Total of 760 GB of Hard Drive Space (2x300 + 1x160)/audigy 2/Two 20.1" Widescreen LCD's (Dell 2005fpw)
Favorite movie: Snatch/Favorite Game: NOLF/Song of the Week: "You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse/
What I'm Playing this Week: Nothing!
karkrash81 is offline   Reply With Quote