View Single Post
Old 08-22-04, 10:09 AM   #28
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Saturday Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneSR
Digit-Life found that 6800U using High Detail 1600x1200 (with or without 4X/8X) was 18 - 20% faster in Doom3 than X800XT PE (without the Humus tweak), but using XBitLabs 6800U is up to 50% faster. My point is just that academically we have to include both results, whether we like Digit-Life and XBitLabs or not, otherwize you end up getting biased results, which I and probably other readers would not consider an improvement regarding the news posting at NVNews. Also, I am not an "enemy" of NVNews: actually NVNEWS is my current homepage - and has been my homepage during the last 4 years.
OK, what part about this being discussed to death in the forums are you not getting? We've seen the tests. And "academically" nV News can post whatever it wants, however it wants. If you don't like it, go elsewhere it's that simple.

And what's "biased" about the results? In just about every single test across the board, ATI wins. But the margins are completely different and that's why you have to take into account the fact that 1) this is a beta game, 2) test sites used different driver versions on the NVIDIA cards (61.77 and 65.62).

I will say to you once again, read the thread I linked to. There is plenty of discussion there where people are drawing their own conclusions.

Quote:
Also, I am not an "enemy" of NVNews: actually NVNEWS is my current homepage when I start my Internet browser - and has been that during the last 4 years.
I just love when people reach into the barrel and pull this out.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote