View Single Post
Old 08-24-04, 06:22 AM   #1
XnR'rn

Default None of tested nvidia drivers work (pixel clock detection issue?)

I am using an one of the older DFP monitors (namely Viewsonic VPA150, optimal 1024x768NI resolution) and Geforce2 MX 400 on Athlon 1500XP. And trying to get the drivers to work in xorg. For the reference, the hsync and vertrefresh as set in xorg.conf are correct (that is, same as in the manitor's manual).

I've tried most possible combinations of kernel compile options, options in xorg.conf and whatnot (generaly there were some EE or WW things in the logs, but I gradualy got rid of them). The only persistant thing in the logs is the fubar in pixelclock department. Apparently the drivers don't detect it correctly, so none of the resolutions are used. The results ranged from blank screen and X server hanging (responding only to the ctrl+alt+del, not ctrl+alt+backspace) to so much ascii noise shown on the screen with same results, to screen flashing once and staying blank from there.
Drivers: 5335-r4, 6111 and an some earlier drivers from 6 series (6105?)
Distro: Gentoo (kernels 2.4.26-gentoo-r9, 2.6.5-gentoo-r1, 2.6.7-gentoo-r14, 2.6.8-gentoo-r1). I haven't tried that on Slackware 10 (kernel 2.4.26), but from what I seen I bet that it is going to be the same.
Video BIOS: No idea (no /proc/driver/nvidia/ in slackware, and the X makes it impossible to look in gentoo)

If any other information is required, I'll post, thats all I can think of at the moment.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (3.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: txt Xorg.0.log.old.txt (36.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: txt Xorg.0.log.txt (22.6 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by XnR'rn; 08-24-04 at 08:47 AM.
XnR'rn is offline   Reply With Quote