View Single Post
Old 08-29-04, 05:13 AM   #1
Abba Zabba
Java Cool Dude

Send a message via AIM to Abba Zabba Send a message via MSN to Abba Zabba
Default My own Benchmark

I wrote this little demo a while ago when I had my Radeon 9700 Pro.
Recently, I got my hands on a BFG 6800 NU OC edition, and therefore decided to play around with it and the incredible range of extensions it supports.
To test my maximum stable overclocking, I tweaked this demo and transformed it into a benchmark tool.
I got my BFG card all the way up to 375/465 stable, after that limit, I get either nasty tearings or black dots flying all over the screen.

This demo should run on ATI 9500+ and Nvidia 5200+ cards.
Nvidia latest offerings should be a bit faster than ATi's since I'm using the so called Ultra Shadow 2 feature as well as few other things.

How to benchmark:

There is a .cfg file in the main directory where you can specify settings like fullscreen, depth bits, colors bits, stencil bits if you're an advanced user.
However I recommand that everyone sticks with the original pixel format settings for accurate comparaisons with other users' results.
Feel free however to disable/enable benchmark mode and navigate around the scene.
To disable the benchmark mode, set "BenchMark:" first argument to 0 instead of 1.
The second argument is the time duration of the benchmark expressed in seconds.

Keys:
ESC quite
F8 snapshot
AQWSDE and arrows to move around the world.
SPACE capture the mouse cursor to look around, or let it go if it's already captured.
PS: all keys will be ignored if benchmarking is on

Once, the benchmark is done, a little file will be written to your drive called Benchresults.txt.

It will look like this: (default 1024*168)

Benchmark duration: 22.0052(s).
Total number of frames: 1371.
Minimum number of frames: 27.8355.
Maximum number of frames: 71.6053.
Average number of frames: 62.3033.

Click the screenshot to download:

Bench Source
Frame Work
Abba Zabba is offline   Reply With Quote