I wrote this little demo a while ago when I had my Radeon 9700 Pro.
Recently, I got my hands on a BFG 6800 NU OC edition, and therefore decided to play around with it and the incredible range of extensions it supports.
To test my maximum stable overclocking, I tweaked this demo and transformed it into a benchmark tool.
I got my BFG card all the way up to 375/465 stable, after that limit, I get either nasty tearings or black dots flying all over the screen.
This demo should run on ATI 9500+ and Nvidia 5200+ cards.
Nvidia latest offerings should be a bit faster than ATi's since I'm using the so called Ultra Shadow 2 feature as well as few other things.
How to benchmark:
There is a .cfg file in the main directory where you can specify settings like fullscreen, depth bits, colors bits, stencil bits if you're an advanced user.
However I recommand that everyone sticks with the original pixel format settings for accurate comparaisons with other users' results.
Feel free however to disable/enable benchmark mode and navigate around the scene.
To disable the benchmark mode, set "BenchMark:" first argument to 0 instead of 1.
The second argument is the time duration of the benchmark expressed in seconds.
AQWSDE and arrows to move around the world.
SPACE capture the mouse cursor to look around, or let it go if it's already captured.
PS: all keys will be ignored if benchmarking is on
Once, the benchmark is done, a little file will be written to your drive called Benchresults.txt.
It will look like this: (default 1024*168)
Benchmark duration: 22.0052(s).
Total number of frames: 1371.
Minimum number of frames: 27.8355.
Maximum number of frames: 71.6053.
Average number of frames: 62.3033.
Click the screenshot to download: