View Single Post
Old 09-01-04, 06:34 AM   #1
Gary B.

Default More info please

Hello all, I'm having the "screen freezes mouse moves" problem, and have posted in that thread, but think that thread is more or less a list of people suffering from the bug. I have three Linux operating systems on this computer (Fedora, SUSE, and Slackware). This machine has an AMD Athlon xp 2400 processor and a Via chipset. On another machine, with an Intel processor, I also have SUSE installed. At first I thought SUSE, which uses xf86, instead of the xorg used by Fedora and Slackware was suffering from this bug, but now I think it is affected by it's own weirdness, which may or may not be related. So what I am wondering is this, is this bug particular to systems that run xorg and Via chipsets? Or maybe the question should be, who isn't affected by this, because I am considering upgrading my mainboard (I'm looking at an MSI board with a nVIDIA chipset - any problems with that one in particular?) and don't want to run into the same problem with a new board. Thanks in advance for any and all input. - Gary
Gary B. is offline   Reply With Quote