Very Well, since i can trace more this problem, i registered so i can post this problem here to see if anyone has had it or knows how to fix it
Ok, this problem started a couple of weeks ago, when i changed an old Geforce 2 MX PCI that a friend lend to me , i changed it to a Geforce FX 5200 AGP 8X card.
I've included the 3 more important files as stated on the Read here before asking for help Thread.
1) The card works perfectly on Windows, so its not the card.
2) I've tried with all the combinations of AGP Settings (both Enabling/Disabling SBA, Fast Writes, in the driver, and in the kernel, i've tried using NVAGP and AGPGART in the two different kernels i've tried, and even with no AGP advanced modes at all)
3) Yes, i have tried disabling RenderAccel, TwinView, no difference, my standard working resolution is 1024x768@85Hz, i've tried 800x600, and 640x480 as well, i've tried with 16 bit color depth, hell i've tried with 8 bit!!
4) its a bit pointless to tell it, (coz, glxgears is not a good performance checker), but, with the default glxgears window size i get always less than 1100 fps, of course glxinfo says it has direct rendering
5) OpenGL performance is choppy, i.e (if i maximize the glxgears window, the gears start to render in a choppy way, or almost stop while rotating, stutters)
6) Using Gentoo 2004.0 lastest "STABLE" Xorg-x11 , Tried 4 Drivers 4496 5336 6106 and 6111,
same results with glxgears
Also as stated in Title, i've tried Two kernels with a lot of different configs, 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 and 2.6.8-gentoo-r3, and before anyone asks, yes, i've tried disabling ACPI and IOAPIC.
my machine is an Athlon T-bird 1.2 Ghz, 512MB Ram, ASUS A7N8X (rev. 2.0)
memtest reports everything fine (put it running almost 7 hours), reiserfs without any bad block or inconsistency.
IIRC the GLcore message that you will be able to see in Xorg.log, is a non blocker and OpenGL should work fine, (and it did, back then with the same message), if you think otherwise, because im not sure if that is causing the problem, please let me know it, and possibly how to fix it.
Very Well, i'll aprecciate any help, or guides on how to fix it, (im seriously thinking of reinstalling gentoo on this one, is driving me nuts!