View Single Post
Old 09-08-04, 07:02 AM   #326
OWA

Default Re: I Played FarCry with Pixel Shader 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeero1978
...it was a mistake for me to buy a 6800 card... ...farcry IQ looks better on my old 9800pro videocard...
That shouldn't be the case. Have you tried the 1.2 patch? It seems to work pretty well for the nvidia cards and fixes most of the graphical glitches. Or, you could try using the r3xx mode which seems to work well even on nvidia cards (not much slower and actually faster in some cases).

Quote:
FarCry made me want to power on my system all the time, with Doom 3 i have to force myself to play further.
Oh well, different strokes for different fokes. I loved Doom 3. The only game I've bothered to finish in quite a while. But, I really liked the horror/haunted house atmosphere of the game. Very creepy. I did enjoy the first couple of levels in Far Cry but I've spent more time just enjoying the graphics rather than playing the game. So, I don't know much about the storyline or how it turns out. Hopefully I'll finish it at some point but for me, the type of story/game didn't hold my interest as much (except for the case that I love to look at it). That's actually another problem. I've seen almost the whole game now using the developer mode and just looking at the graphics so I've probably spoiled the story for the most part.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote