View Single Post
Old 09-13-04, 06:29 PM   #37
majortom
Done

Send a message via AIM to majortom
Default Re: Quake4 PCZONE Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Dude, you said to stop whining and asked what we expected the game to look like since it uses the Doom 3 engine which I took to mean that any and every game that uses the Doom 3 engine is going to look like Doom 3 becuase, obviously, any game that uses another game's engine looks just like that game (that's what I gathered from you).

So I posted about CoD and HL, both of which use other game's engines and both of which look nothing like the original game thereby nullifying your "theory" that if a game uses another game's engine, both games will look similar.
ah, ok. i was actually responding to the beyond3d people (and you) who were saying that it didnt look that good, even though its clearly the most advanced engine out there. and the article even states that not all the levels will be indoors (like quake). and the only way in which it looks like doom3 is the fact that it has shadows (oooooo). dont worry, im not flaming so dont get your panties in a bunch
plus, you cant really compare q4 to those other games you listed. for one thing, they're using the d3 engine, without any tweaking, like the other games have done. thats one of the reasons why the game is coming out so relatively soon (from the release of the original engine).
ps- and halflife was built on the q1 engine, not 2.
- cool!
- oh wait, never mind. i just peed on myself

---------------------------------------------------------
Mein Comp!:
MSI 6380 kt266| XP 1700+| 512M PC3200 @ 266mhz | 80 gig | MSI radeon 9800 pro 128m (r360 core)| nec 2500a 8x single layer burn (dl hack)| thermaltake silentpower 420W PSU| POS generic case| Grado SR 60 headphones
majortom is offline   Reply With Quote